MQ-6 Liquefied Petroleum Isobutane Propane Gas sensor module is a great way to add basic gas sensing to your project at a reasonable price. TheMQ-5 Methane LPG Liquid Propane Gas Sensor Module particulate sensor uses a Buzzer to sense any detected material that is even present in the air!
This is a simple-to-use MQ-6 Liquefied Petroleum Isobutane Propane Gas Sensor module, suitable for sensing LPG (composed of mostly propane and butane) concentrations in the air. The MQ-6 can detect gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm. The MQ-6 Liquefied Petroleum Isobutane Propane Gas Sensor module particulate sensor uses a Potentiometer to change the detection range of the sensor!
This sensor has high sensitivity and a fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple, all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
The sensitive material of the MQ-6 gas sensor is a tin oxide (SnO2), which with lower conductivity in clean air. When the target combustible gas exists, The sensor’s conductivity is higher along with the gas concentration rising. Please use a simple electro circuit, Convert the change of conductivity to the corresponding output signal of gas concentration.
MQ-6 gas sensor has a high sensitivity to Propane, Butane, and LPG, also the response to Natural gas. The sensor could be used to detect different combustible gas, especially Methane, which is with low cost and suitable for different applications.
- The domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
- Good sensitivity to Combustible gas in a wide range
- High sensitivity to Propane, Butane, and LPG
- Long life and low cost
- Simple drive circuit
- An indication of the signal output
- Dual signal output (analog output, and TTL level output)
- The TTL output signal is low. (When low output signal light, and can be connected directly to the microcontroller)
- 0 ~ 5V analog output voltage, the higher the concentration, the higher the voltage.
- High sensitivity to hydrogen.
- Can be resistant to ethanol steam, LPG (petroleum), smoke interference.
- Has a long life and reliable stability.
- Fast response and recovery characteristics.